Questions?

Do you have burning questions about the pre-med, medical school admission, and residency process? Post a comment, and I will happily answer any and all questions.

Monday, June 22, 2009

AMCAS Work/Activites: More Than a Resume

Like I mentioned last week, the AMCAS Work/Activities section is more than just a resume.

Like a resume, the Work/Activities section requires you to include the dates, location, and description of activities. But you will also need specifics on average hours per week you spent on the activity and the name, title, phone number, and e-mail of a contact that can vouch that you did the activity. This contact can be a professor, coach, community service advisor, principal investigator etc. It should not be a member of your family. It can take some time to track down this information so get started early!

Need help deciding which activities to include?
Contact info@MDadmit.com for personalized advice.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I stumbled across your website almost by accident, and I must say I'm glad I did! Your tips are fantastic—they've already answered several questions that I was unable to resolve elsewhere.

    I do have a question that I couldn't find addressed in any of your posts: for AMCAS activity descriptions, do you recommend a resume or a narrative format? For instance, for an experience as a volunteer at a hospital, would you recommend "Monitored patients, took vital signs, and performed CPR. Transferred to operating room and became a trainer for new orderlies," or something more along the lines of "In the summer of 2013 I entered XXX Hospital's emergency room as a trauma volunteer. I had YYY experiences and learned ZZZ?"

    I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete